Re: new copper headgasket

To: jon.arikstad@merkantildata.no
Subject: Re: new copper headgasket
From: Phil Bates <jello@ida.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 18:06:24 -0600
My redcommendation is to get a Payen gasket (from federal moguel - sp?), and not
worry about the thickness - of course if you want to race that may be different,
but it sounds like you want longevity.  It is not copper, but I have had 2
copper head gaskets go bad on me for no appearant reason (head bolts are tight
and regularly checked/maintained).  The Payen gasket is a little more expensive,
and only comes in a kit, but it will fit very well.

Phil Bates
'58 MGA with a payen head gasket
'67 MGB in need of a payen head gasket

The usual applies - I have no financial interest in this companyor its products,
only experience using them.