MGA history update

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGA history update
From: Kevin D Richards <flybirds@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2000 09:05:09 -0400
OK, after a nice tip from the Stofko's , I found Mr Fishel....different
spelling. Only now after speaking with him, the plot thickens...

I called him and he had some info for me. He has owned a great
deal of MG's in the past, so many he can't quite remember which one was
mine. He said that in the mid 70's he bought the car as a package deal
from a person in Maryland that was closely affiliated with the original
NAMGAR founders. He said that he got the name of this person who was
selling a bunch of MG's and parts, and this car was most probably part
of that lot. He said that the Bethesda area, or Silver spring area, but
could not quite remember. Do you think that you might be able to forward
this email on to anyone you think might know or recall any names or
places? I would appreciate it.
The details:
1962 MGA MKII VIN#GHNL2/105315 originally Chariot red/Orient red?
Last history I have is the gentleman I purchased the car from James
Crawford, lived in NY, NH and VA. He said he bought it from a "Lawyer in
Pennsylvania"

OK, so now here is my question: If anyone has any info on this gentleman
(super longshot) please let me know. Also, if anyone has had any
experience doing a VIN search in Maryland, please let me know. Do they
keep records past 1980?

Hope you can help.

thanks in advance

Kevin Richards