Re: MGA history update

To: Kevin D Richards <flybirds@erols.com>
Subject: Re: MGA history update
From: yd3@nvc.net
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2000 10:49:50 -0700
Kevin:

About five years ago I wrote all 50 states trying to trace my twin cam and
included a SASE:  Some states never responded. Some sent a piece of burearcratic
red tape, some charge fees, and some won't give out the information unless you
prove that the car is registered by you in their state! Duh?

Maryland sent a four copy form and requires $5 for a non-certified record, and
$10 for a certified record.  No note is included stating how far back their
records go even though my initial letter says I was looking for information back
to 1967.  I never followed up on the $5 as so many states wanted $5-$10 that the
project would have cost several hundred dollars with no guarentee of success.

It'll take at least two letters.  One to get the form and the other to send the
form in.  And you're probably out $5 just to find out if their records go back
that far.

Have you tried the WEB to see if Maryland has a site describing records and
fees?  Check a Maryland geneology site as these researchers are always trying to
get copies of records.

Blake