Re: The List (Long, delete if you wish)

To: Mike Razor <mrazor@mis.net>
Subject: Re: The List (Long, delete if you wish)
From: David Ambrose <stargazer1@home.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2000 23:05:44 -0700

Mike Razor wrote:

> I feel obliged to comment on the restrictive use some listers feel
> equally compelled to enforce.

        Hear, hear.

        I've been on this list, and its predecessor british cars list (before
the lists were split into different makes) ever since I bought my 69
BGT, Sherlock.

        Historically, this list has been more like an email brewpub than a
controlled discussion. As with any other arena in life, other topics
sometimes come up. I think they're fine, so long as they don't
degenerate into p*ssing contests, and they don't drown out the car talk.
Why, we were even able to discuss gun control in a relatively civilised
manner.

        I hope those who think this is strictly for cars, reconsider their
position, and open up to a world of opportunities for better
understanding.

        Regards,
        Dave Ambrose