Re: Bronx Cheers to an English migrant?

To: "John J. Black" <transmancat@bbnow.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bronx Cheers to an English migrant?
From: Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 00:09:35 -0500
Hi John and others,

  Wet your lips, stick your tongue out about half way, close your lips
lightly around your tongue and then blow through your lips.  The noise
you'll get is a Bronx cheer. It's a childish thing that we kids used to
do to each other to show derision.  (BG) Don't know why I thought about
it.  BTW, The Bronx is a borough in New York City.  You probably already
knew that.

  I think that those of us, at least those in my age group, who are
successful in working on LBCs and diagnosing their problems owe some of
it to the contemporary US cars of the times when we learned our
automotive ABC's.  They were simple, no nonsense cars, much like our
LBCs.  We couldn't plug in a gizmo that would find the fault for us, so
we had to develop logical troubleshooting skills.

  I have often wondered what will happen to all these 4-valve, DOHC,
turbo-boosted, EFI machines when the CPUs and sensor interfaces start
conking out and the wiring harnesses get frayed.  Who's going to keep
those cars on the road in this throw-away world we now live in?

  We'd better keep our little sporty cars, of any marque, on the road.
When they're gone, they'll be gone.  No one is ever going to offer us a
simple, relatively inexpensive sports car again.

  And we should thank our lucky stars for the specialty shops and
mechanics who can do the stuff we can't or won't do and the specialty
parts suppliers who keep us in spare parts (BO'd sometimes but
eventually they arrive). (VBG)  We can't fix them if we can't get the
parts.  So here's to those folks too.  I don't think many of them are in
it just for the money.

  Cheers,

  CR