Re: pulling a steering wheel

To: "Evangelos G. Makris" <xirias@hol.gr>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: pulling a steering wheel
From: paul.hunt1@virgin.net
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2000 17:20:48 +0100
The usual way of removing a steering wheel, collapsible column or not, is to
slacken the nut but make sure it still has plenty of threads engaged, brace
the knees behind the wheel so they are applying pressure in an 'offwards'
direction, place a ball-peen hammer on the end of the shaft (not the nut)
and with suitable eye protection hit it with another hammer.

PaulH.