Buddy can you spare a car?

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Buddy can you spare a car?
From: "Eddie Sheffield" <ecsheffield@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 15:04:28 -0400
Hi all,

Well, I'm on the hunt for a Midget! The one I was going to restore (and
still plan on it) isn't going to make it any time soon, and I'm sick of
doing without. So if anyone knows of anything for sale, I would appreciate
it.

What I'm looking for:

Mark III
Decent driver - perfection not required or even desired. I live in a
townhouse with no garage so I'll have to keep it under a car cover, and I
wouldn't want to treat a show winner like that.
Solid body - nowhere to perform surgery.
Prefer wire wheels, but not a must.
I can handle minor problems - carbs, brakes, electrical - basically anything
that can be fixed relatively quickly in "shadetree" conditions.
Relatively close - I live in Leesburg, VA which is about 35 miles west of
DC. But pass along anything you know of.

As an example of what I'm looking for (and strongly considering) take a look
at the 1971 Midget at http://www.theautoist.com/showroom.htm - only downside
to this one right now is the distance, and I would probably have to trailer
it - he isn't sure of it for a long drive right now.

Help me get on the road! :-)

Thanks,

Eddie