Re: 70 MGB no start after complete rebuild UPDATE

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 70 MGB no start after complete rebuild UPDATE
From: "Charles D. Sorkin" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 12:46:54 -0400
Lawrie said:

>Lack of oil in the dashpots will not prevent the car from starting but will
>result in a momentary lean condition when you open the throttle.

That's funny.  Last year, right after I purchased the Midget, and before I
even knew what a dashpot was for, I was having trouble starting when the
engine was warm.  Right after I discovered that I needed to keep the
dashpots topped up, I did so, and the problem went away.  Each time the oil
level has gotten low, the problem recurs.  Go figure.

And by the way, the valves were (and continue to be) set perfectly.  Timing
is pretty close to correct also.

Regards,

Charles
'74 Midget