Re: Cutting tools

To: Ken Waringa <kwaringa@dynsys.com>
Subject: Re: Cutting tools
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 16:07:47 -0400
Ken Waringa wrote:

> Last week I asked about air nibblers, and got a lot of good responses, some
> for and some against air nibblers.  I guess what I really need to know is
> which air tool is best for cutting sheet metal (some rusted) from my cars.

  I am a big fan of the air nibbler and use it most for cutting, but
it's almost useless for cutting metal off a car. It's only really good
on flat sheet, any ribs or corners hang it up.

  I have always just used an angle grinder with a 45 thou disc to
cut stuff off the car, and the nibbler to make up the patch panels.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca