Re: 180 degree out-of-time

To: "Jason B Lonon" <j_lonon@lycos.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 180 degree out-of-time
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 18:54:38 +0100
No, no and thrice no.  The distributor only engages with the drive dog one
way.  The slot and bar may seem to be in the middle of the shaft at first
glance, but if you look closely they are slightly offset.  If you didn't
alter the relationship between drive-dog and cam-shaft at any time then the
distributor can only go in the correct way and no other.  Short of a
sledge-hammer.

You might like to have a look at the web site below - 'Spanners',
'Electrics' and 'Won't Start'.

PaulH
http://www.mgb-stuff.org.uk