180 degree out-of-time

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: 180 degree out-of-time
From: "Jason B Lonon" <j_lonon@lycos.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 22:58:18 -0400
I finally got my new starter motor in and turning over, but the engine will not
fire up. I have a quick question involving timing. I had to remove the
distributor when servicing the starter, but I never loosened the clamp, which
the Haynes manual says would affect the timing. When I put the distributor back
in, I just rotated the rotor until the shaft slid into place. I realize now
that I could be 180 degrees out of time, and maybe that's why she won't start.
My question is, can I just switch the 1-3 and 2-4 plug wires to achieve my
original timing, or must I remove the distributor and rotate the rotor 180
degrees?

Thanks.
Jason.

Send your favorite photo with any online greeting!
http://www.whowhere.lycos.com/redirects/americangreetings.rdct