Lucas Gremlins

To: "The MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Lucas Gremlins
From: "wcameyer" <wcameyer@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 13:57:21 -0700
I have been having trouble with the Sony radio on my '77 B cutting out : a
bump or jar can cut off the station, pushing its tuning button brings it
back in.  The display is so faint, I cannot determine whether the entire
radio shuts down, although I must assume not as just hitting the station
preset brings it back.

This morning, I noticed the clock, which is dead accurate, had lost about
two and a half hours.  Also, all the programming on the radio was gone.  Now
I know this indicates a complete, lengthy, total power loss, normally
associated with disconnecting the battery.

I have not disconnected the battery!  Yesterday or the day before, the clock
was dead on.  I must assume I'd notice a 2 1/2 hour total power loss if it
happened while driving!

What the h--- is going on here??

A very confused

Bill