dist/plug leads/67+G

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: dist/plug leads/67+G
From: Carl W French <cfrench@cybertours.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 22:44:04 -0400
Trying to change my car from having the wrong top mounted dizzy cap to the
correct side loading dizzy cap using bumblebee wire. I did not have the
right connection for the coil, coil has plug and the wire from the new
dizzy cap should be a screw in type. To remedy this I used the existing
plug in type lead and cut the plug to dizzy cap end off and screwed in the
plain end.
Engine turns, no fire.
reconnected the old dizzy cap and wires and the car works fine. I did not
check to see if the dist cap end of the coil lead had a spark before
reconnecting it. (Going to a show in the am and did not want to fool around
anymore). What does anyone think I did wrong? Did I not screw in the new
connections correct? Did I have the firing order correct coming from the
cap?[does that matter?]. I looked into Claushagers and saw two early
engines with the side caps and they had their wires in different orders off
the cap so that was of no help. Quick thoughts? I would love to travel with
the new wires/cap esp for the show.
Carl French
67B (pos Ground)
25D dist