Re: Alternator

To: "Mike Razor" <mrazor@mis.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Alternator
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 19:48:42 -0600
I wouldn't rule out the battery (or batteries). But it could be the
alternator. Either one could be tested at an automotive store. Most likely,
you could just take the alternator in and have it tested for free before
you purchase another.

But what does your alternator light do? Does it go off at about 1000 rpms
or does it still glow dim or bright? Do your headlights brighten on
acceleration? Have you insured a good ground (by cleaning battery and
engine grounds)? If you charge your battery(s), is everything fine in the
short term?

David
67 BGT
71 BGT