MGA wheel & crankshaft needed -- Engine available

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGA wheel & crankshaft needed -- Engine available
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 00:08:49 -0500
Such is life.  In the last two months I have sold one of each at very
reasonable prices, and now I could use one of each.

One of my road wheels developed a crack this last weekend after some fast
laps around the Gymkhana track at the Abingdon Summer Party, followed by
several miles of spirited driving on some not-so-smooth country roads.  So
now I could use a replacement wheel (or two).  Anyone have a MGA 1500 steel
wheel to spare?  Anyone wanting to see what a wheel crack looks like can
check here:
    http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg/mgtech/wheels/whlcrack.htm

I also figured out that I can put another MGA engine back together if I can
now find another 1500/1600 crankshaft (not 1622) in restorable condition.
Any volunteers on this one?  A rusty or scored crankshaft in need of a
regrind will do.  If I can get a crankshaft to complete this engine, one of
my spare engines, freshly rebuilt, will be sold to someone in need for the
cost of parts and machining and a trade in core.  Anyone in need of a new
1600 MGA engine should email me off list for details.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
    http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg