Re: Touching up original color on my car.

To: BONNILA@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Touching up original color on my car.
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 10:56:50 EDT
In a message dated 8/21/00 9:03:25 PM Eastern Daylight Time, BONNILA@aol.com
writes:

<< A few weeks ago, I had to re-do the driver's door because of a major
scratch.
 The door panel now sticks out like a sore thumb! The body shop said that it
 would be impossible to match the fade and consistency of the color and that
 the whole car would have to be redone.

 Does anyone have experience trying to match original style faded paint? I'd
 hate to spend big bucks. >>

Have you attempted to restore the original paint to its previous color?  I
would start with an analysis of the paint at the Meguiars web site.  I like
their products very much, and I was really surprised when I first polished my
Mitsubishi.

Check it out at www.meguiars.com.  And remember, there are no shortcuts.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward