RE: Weird Midget clutch - vibration - the registration saga

To: "'Duinhoven_Hans@emc.com'" <Duinhoven_Hans@emc.com>
Subject: RE: Weird Midget clutch - vibration - the registration saga
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 15:37:19 -0700
Hans:

        Chances are the Midget has been converted to a 1275 engine, and or
ribcase gearbox.  There are a number of ways of making the conversion work.
Most of them involve playing mix and match with clutch components. It sounds
like the resulting combination is not the best.  The wrong throw out
bearing, or pushrod pin will give the symptoms you are describing.

        The dual carb principle?????  This sounds like something an American
mechanic would come up with!

        The engine is supposed to be smooth throughout the rev range.
Vibration indicates a problem.  Fuel, mechanical etc.  something is not
right.

Kelvin.