Re: MGA 1500: Burning oil/compression problems (Long)

To: Steve Morris <smorris@en.com>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGA 1500: Burning oil/compression problems (Long)
From: Carl W French <cfrench@cybertours.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 08:13:24 -0400
I know it may be the least of your problems but you might check the
sidecovers. I have a problem with my front side cover leaking, this was
because I over tightened it while not paying attention. it does indeed blow
back and come down around where the bellhousing connects to the backplate
(along with a few other places). Replacing it will be a winter project of mine.
Carl W. French