Re: Anyone try to modify a B for a rear child's seat?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Anyone try to modify a B for a rear child's seat?
From: Kimo Tichgelaar <77MGB@excite.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 06:07:03 -0700 (PDT)
When I was much smaller then I am now (being 12 years older than my 77B), my
father was known to take us on family outings in his late 60s S*itfire.
Typical configuration was dad driving, stepmother in passenger seat holding
one of my sisters, me on the passenger floor, and other brother and sister
sitting in the well for the top.  Obviously before seatbelt laws.

On Fri, 25 Aug 2000 04:33:33 -0700 (PDT), Dan DiBiase wrote:

|  When my two boys were smaller, the could both fit in
|  the front seat of my B with the lap belt across both
|  their laps. Same with my younger son and daughter.
|  They're all too big now, so it's one at a time. Tab, I
|  would think that with a car seat on the rear shelf,
|  your child would get pretty directly hit with wind,
|  wouldn't they? (With the top down, of course)...
|
|  IMHO, it's not worth the chance of something
|  happening. Take your regular car to Stowe.
|

|  =====
|  Dan D
|  Dayton, NJ
|  76 MGB Tourer Driver - Brooklands Green
|  65 MGB Tourer Project - Sort of Reddish

|  Yahoo! Mail - Free email you can access from anywhere!

Kimo Tichgelaar
"A man with a good car needs no justification/
Fate is in my hands, and in the transmission."
-Gang of Four

Say Bye to Slow Internet!
http://www.home.com/xinbox/signup.html