Re: GO ELSE WHERE!

To: "Diane Stowe" <Cessna@speakeasy.org>, "Kimo Tichgelaar" <77MGB@excite.com>,
Subject: Re: GO ELSE WHERE!
From: "Ptegler" <ptegler@gouldfo.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 11:41:30 -0400
...don't know why people put down Spits on the MG lists....
I own a few of all of them... Spits, MGBGT's and Midgets

Personally the Midget is the most fun to drive... It's a street legal go-kart!
The Spit handles better than any of them, and gets the most comments.
The BGT is  the most reliable (my year round daily driver) and I like
being able to lock it up and not worry about the roof getting slashed.

The MG people seem to want to look down on Spits.
Hey... Spits are easier to work on...cost less and are no more or less
reliable than the MGBs.

I've sold Spitfires for more than I've ever sold an MG for, yet have paid more
restore the MGs than the Spits.

The only way I pay any attention to any of this 'marques slapping' is when it
comes
from someone WHO ACTUALLY OWNS AND DRIVES BOTH!

:-)   (flame suit now on)

Paul Tegler   wizardz@toad.net        http://www.teglerizer.com