1962 MGA MKII project FS

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1962 MGA MKII project FS
From: Kevin D Richards <flybirds@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 13:23:40 -0400
Greetings listers.
Kevin here,
I just purchased a 1962 MGA MKII that is perfect for someone who wants a
project car. A friend of mine needed to clear his garage, (and yard), so
here is the deal.
1962 MGA MKII
GHNL2/107879
16GC-U-H 7471 (1622cc)

Engine receipts
New camshaft
Valves and lifters
Headgasket set
Lower gasket set
Clutch disc
0.040" over pistons
new clutch
bearings
pressure plate
release bearing

Gearbox receipts
1st gear
3rd gear
4th gear
reverse gear
mainshaft
input shaft constant mesh pin
laygear
layshaft
oil seals front and rear
shims
thrust washer sets

Engine has been sitting in a heated garage since it was pulled from the
car 15 years ago. It is still painted orange from the engine shop and
has approx 3,000 miles on rebuild. engine turns by hand (with wrench).
The body has been dismantled. All wings are on the car as are the doors.
Body has not been off chassis, so all gaps should be good. Usual sill
rot, involving lower rear fenders but not fronts. Trans still in car.
car is 99% complete. I have not yet found the original grille. I have
not yet collected this car and it is not in my garage, so I have not had
it up on jackstands to see the chassis condition. More description on
that as of Sept 2-4th when I collect it. Trans turns freely, disc
wheels. Car has been under a tarp in the weather for the last 15yrs.
Rust in the sills is significant and it will need all new inner and
outer sills. Unknown original color. All of this will be elucidated over
the next couple of weeks. Pictures are being uploaded by wednesday of
next week. I have only cursory pictures of the car and engine. The car
is partly obscured from full view by bushes and a rock pile. This car
should not and will not be parted out. It is tempting with all of the
good parts that are there, but this being a late MKII, It should go to
someone who is looking to do a full restoration of a MKII. The ID#
suggests that this was close to the end of MGA MKII production. The last
MKII was #109xxx, this one is #107879.
I am not going to advertise this car on traderonline or hemmings just
yet. The MG list and NAMGAR members are getting the first crack at it.
When I get everything inventoried and sorted out, I will post a full
description with digital pics. I really don't want this car parted. It
is a shame it has arrived at this stage, so lets try and get this one
back on the road. Good title, all plates match. No history yet. DMV
owner info search pending.

email or call at 203 776 0510.
Car is located in Stratford, CT.

Cheers