Re: Heat related problem with MGB/GT

To: "Scott C. Williams" <wcs@cjnetworks.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Heat related problem with MGB/GT
From: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@apphosting.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 22:50:13 +1000
Scott,

Could be a fuel blockage. A bit of debris, rubber or something floating
around stuck in the jet or in the float bowl that periodically cuts off
supply to the carb. Had the same thing on my C recently. She'd run good,
then all of a sudden no power. Ended up being a small piece of rubber
floating around and blocking off the front jet.

However I'd hazard a guess at the coil. When an old coil gets hot it can
stop working. I had exactly the same symptons on my MGA as you're having
with your B. My car still had the original coil! 40 yrs old. Sheesh. Typical
Lucas eh? ;)) <G> I expected at least 100yrs out of it. hehe ;)

Cheers,
Neil
--
61 A / 70 BGT / 68 CGT/ 56 BN2