Timing advanced - much better now!

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Timing advanced - much better now!
From: Scott Beavis <sbeavis@solartron.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 09:17:47 +0100
My diagnosis was spot on! <head grows> :-)

The coughing and lurching in 3rd gear *was* due to the timing being too
retarded. I found that with the vacadv disconnected it was better, but not
perfect. This pointed at the timing being retarded too much when the
throttle was opened up (vacuum drop). I advanced the timing by a couple of
degrees and bingo it runs so much better now. Smoother, quieter and more
power.

Scott

PS: We filled with 97 octane unleaded fuel....could this be the cause?