Fw: Valve clatter-help

To: "MGs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Valve clatter-help
From: "Richard Spurling" <hobbes@senet.com.au>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 09:48:45 +0930
 I've always adjusted valves by turning the crank until a valve fully opens,
then checking the other valve on that cylinder. Have I been getting good
results? At least they've always chattered afterwards - the nice thing with
B motors is you know when you have valve trouble, you can't hear the tappets
any more.

 I watched a friend check the valves on a big Honda motorcycle one day - he
used two positions, the first to check the inlets and the second to check
the exhausts. Made me feel sick with envy watching him. And that was two
positions on a twin cam head!

Cheers
Richard
          Anne and Richard Spurling