Re: MGA Block-coolant galleries

To: "Edwin McCarroll" <emccarroll@mco.edu>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGA Block-coolant galleries
From: "Valerie Stabenow" <hlub34a@aeroinc.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 21:56:20 -0500
Do you know for a fact that your temp sending unit is sending the correct
temperature? My Mark II started scaring me with high temp indications. A
former race mechanic advised me to get a candy thermometer and stick in in
the rad opening (while car is running, after carefully removing the cap)
being careful not to touch the thermo tip to metal. The coolant that had
been registering at over 210 on the gauge, came up with 175 on the candy
thermometer. I sent the whole unit out to Nisonger for repair and I have had
no problems. I also installed a blanking sleeve instead of the thermostat.

Valerie Stabenow, mga, tr4a, xk-e, tr6