Re: temp gauge calibration, was: MGA Block-coolant galleries

Subject: Re: temp gauge calibration, was: MGA Block-coolant galleries
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2000 13:34:45 -0500
At 07:02 AM 9/1/2000 -0700, jmc wrote:
>If this test shows that your temp gauge is off, is there any way to adjust
it?
>On Wed, 30 Aug 2000, Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com> wrote
>>....  Remove the temp probe from the cylinder head and stick it in a cup
of boiling water, ....

These analog gauges either work or they don't, depending on whether the
fluid is still held inside of the tube.  If it reads a little high you're
in, just carefully pull the needle off the shaft and reinstall it in the
correct position.  If boiling water doesn't get it up close to indication
of boiling temperature, then you need to get it repaired, which is about
$85-USD or so to R&R the tube and installl the volatile fluid.  I just sent
one to MOMA for repairs.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
    http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg