Re: Lucas Chrome Headlight buckets

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Lucas Chrome Headlight buckets
From: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2000 09:55:30 -0700
Jarl:

<<<Snip>>>
Posting this message in the hopes that someone will know what I have. I just
received a pair of Lucas Chrome headlight buckets and rims from a  friend. He
purchased them thinking that they were for a TD and knew that
 I needed a pair. To make a long story a little shorter, the buckets are Lucas
and have the sunken medallion but are side mount,  Type 143. Any ideas what I
have? Too bad they are not for a TD because they are in pretty good shape.
<<<snip>>>

All of the following lamps have 143 as part of their type designation.  I found
this information in a Lucas spare parts book for 1945-1960.

50107A  Austin 10 HP 1946-47
50108A  ditto
50300B  ditto
50301B  ditto
50591A  ditto
50592A  ditto
50593A  ditto
50707A  Austin Hire Car (Petrol) 1950-1958 and Hire Car (Diesel) 1955-60
50708A  ditto
50709A  ditto
50710A  ditto
51671A  ditto
51673A  ditto
51674A  ditto
61675A  ditto
51676A  ditto
51677A/B ditto
51678A/B ditto

The main differences between all of these seems to be the market destination of
the car.

Blake