running rotary midget (sort off!) YAY!

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: running rotary midget (sort off!) YAY!
From: "Palmer Family" <amesfolks@snovalley.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 13:03:23 -0700
Well, I attempted to start the rotary midget today with no exhaust,
radiator, oil cooler etc, just to see if it would run....

IT DID!  I tried to start it and it shot a 6 foot flame vertical from the
block!!  after that went out I went and got the fire extuinguisher and tried
again.  This time it ran!! (NOT very well, but it ran never the less!  I
sold the rebuilt head so I can pay for the driveline, oil cooler lines, and
cooler.  Now, if someone would be so kind as to purchase my 1275 ribcase
tranny in good shape (85,000 miles) for $250 including shipping, I could get
the exhaust made and drive the car!!!!

Let me know, I really want this done before it snows!

Barry Palmer
72 MG Midget (12a Rotary bastardization)
71 Standard beetle (daily driver, paid $50 for it!)
66 Baja Bug (working on this one)