25d Distributor

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: 25d Distributor
From: Carl W French <cfrench@cybertours.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2000 10:56:56 -0400
  Ok, embarassing  revelation here, I do not have any comfort level with
the interior of my distributor.
I would feel very comfortable to change the bearings and rings but they are
fine. I have an ignition problem here that I have not solved yet. I have a
67B pos grnd with the original 25d dizzy. It has a slight but annoying miss
with corrosponding loss of power more noticed up in the higher revs. Most
noticable in the mid range of revs. I have recently replaced the cap,
wires, coil (sport), fuel pump, The points right now are about 3-4k old.
The problem actually seemed to come up most after changing the cap (changed
from wrong top mount to correct side mount) using Bumble Bee wire and moss
plug caps. I have applied dielectric grease to all contacts and around the
lip of the cap. I wiped out the inside of the cap and sprayed in WD40 to
try and displace any possible water. The original coil was wired backwards
and I have corrected that. The plugs are NGK's gapped at 32, they had been
rich from the rear carb but I changed the float needle assembly and they
are nice and pretty white now (too white?). Car has also been starting very
hard and running very rough for the first couple of miles during the same
period.
   I hope I have given enough info here to help any one with my quandry.

Carl French

PS; To Frank, sorry to hear you are still typing one handed. Yes, the Inn
was full but we got a nice spot at a Best western manger down to the street :-)