Re: Ignition wires - crossover?

To: lrcar@red4est.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ignition wires - crossover?
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 09:32:53 EDT
In a message dated 9/12/00 12:51:50 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
lrcar@red4est.com writes:

<< It's probably getting towards time to replace my ignition wires
 (one year, 18,000 miles).  I used to be a big fan of the NGK clear
 blue ignition wires.  Are there any brands these days that are
 significantly better (or for that matter worse) than others? >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The best wires I've seen are from Magnecor.  (www.magnecor.com)  They are a
little expensive, but read up on their web site.  They will last forever.
They don't have many dealers, so I bought mine direct.

The worst wires I have seen are the OEM wires from Moss for my Midget.  The
connectors have no spring at all, so they fall off the ends of the plugs.  (I
already told Kelvin about the problem, so maybe Moss will work on getting a
different supplier.  Wait...how could they find a different supplier for OEM
wires!?!?)

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget