Re: How many miles on a tank?

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: How many miles on a tank?
From: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 21:47:02 -0700
Hans:

Zero miles on the tank itself.  However I'd say about three hundred US miles
maximum on the gasoline inside the tank! ;-)

A more accurate way would be to fill the tank, write down the mileage, drive
about 200 miles, and fill up again.  Once you know the fuel consumption rate,
multiply it by the tanks capacity.  In fact, I usually use the mile counter as
an indication of fuel left as one of my everyday vehicles goes about 65% on the
first half of the gauge, while another vehicle I have does exactly the opposite.

Blake