Re: Brake Fluids

To: ckotting@core.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brake Fluids
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 10:02:31 EDT
In a message dated 9/20/00 5:15:01 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
ckotting@core.com writes:

<< "Silicon" is a mineral, used as an abrasive and as a substrate for
 integrated circuits.
 "Silicone" is a polymer, used for brake fluid, certain lubricants, >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Thanks for the well written information on DOT 5 and SBBF.  It filled
in a lot of blanks for me, and it makes sense.

I am still sticking with Castrol GT LMA, but it helps to make an
informed decision.

I never would have thought about the difference in silicon and silicone...
what's a silent E among friends?

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget