Re: First Pictures of the Beast

To: ct@cthompson.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: First Pictures of the Beast
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 10:02:34 EDT
In a message dated 9/20/00 10:53:17 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
ct@cthompson.com writes:

<< Borrowed the digital camera from work today, took some pictures of the
 beast. I still cant get the hood open to figure out why I have no electric
 so she got pushed into the driveway, then right back into the garage.

 Check them out at http://cthompson.com/mg >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Not too bad, Chris.  You have a good project car there.  Get it running, then
work on getting it looking good.  ITMT, you can mask off the windows and
spray it with some rattle cans if the scratches bother you.  The paint should
be completely stripped before you do the job correctly.  That will also allow
you to find and fix any body problems that are hidden beneath several coats
of old paint.

Pull out the seats and carpets.  Clean the carpets and reinstall after
checking the floorpans for problems.  At the very least, you should repaint
the floorpans before reinstalling the carpets.  You can easily reupholster
the seats with a kit from Moss.  It is also easier to clean the rest of the
interior, and fix any wiring surprises under the dash with the seats out.

Any luck getting the bonnet open?  Look thru the grille for the hood latch.
I don't have a B, so I can't tell you what to look for, but if you can see
the latch, you may be able to activate it with a screwdriver or something.
Then, fix the cable before closing it again.  Some listers have added an
emergency cable to the latch that lies in the left front fender.  You just
need a piece of strong wire and some ingenuity to do this.

Good luck,

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget