Re: seat repacking

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: seat repacking
From: "Erich" <erich@mail.NGBM.COM>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 18:59:56 -0400
From: Bill Saidel <saidel@camden.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 16:38:20 -0400

>Has anyone repaired only the bottom part of a seat, not a full seat
>rehab?  I am almost feeling the rails the seat slides on, so I thought I'd
>repack the bottom.
 <snip>
>Bill
>'76B

 I purchased the earlier seat diaphram to put in the drivers side of my 80 B.
Made a world of difference and only took about 45min. to do the job.  I kept
the seat foam and added some closed cell foam to the outer edge of the seat
before putting the cover back on(it had the most wear). Total cost was on the
order of $18 US.  Now my problem is that I have to  crouch down to see when the
light changes at intersections.
 I will eventualy do a complete rebuild, but for now the overdrive and messed
up exhaust (2 catalytic converters and 2" too long from my brother the DPO)

Erich Bruning
Greenville, NC- 1980 MGB <Brooklands Green>