"Padded speednuts" for holding MG badge on trunk?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: "Padded speednuts" for holding MG badge on trunk?
From: John Hunt <johnhunt@ece.ogi.edu>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 13:09:50 -0700 (PDT)

I removed the MG badge from the trunk lid on my '68B to prepare
for painting.  In the process several of the clips that held the
badge got destroyed.

The best that Moss offers for replacements is the ordinary
sort of speednut that you buy at a hardware store.  The
original clips are a speednut of sorts embedded in a plastic
washer.  The plastic provides some sealing so water doesn't
leak through the hole and also keeps the speednut from cutting
into the paint.

Does anyone know of another source for "padded clips"?

If not I suppose I could find some small rubber washers and
use speednuts.

John Hunt

Portland, Or.