Re: Sad Note - Mike Lishego passes

To: "Bullwinkle" <yd3@nvc.net>, "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Sad Note - Mike Lishego passes
From: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@byu.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 14:33:24 -0600 (MDT)
I started looking for a Miata to drive in the winter to allow me to
keep a sports car, but not risk my B on the icy roads.  I joined the
miata list not too long ago to learn more before I purchased my miata.
He said the following which explains his absence as of late.

===== BEGIN =====
Andrew,
    I knew that name sounded familiar!  I used to be on the MG list
for some time, then jumped off when I decided to just store my 'B
and stop that 'rolling restoration' nonsense.
    I really love my Miata, and without a doubt it's the most solid
car I've ever owned.  You won't regret getting one.
    There are two inherent problems to the early cars - up until
mid-year 1991, the engines had what the other listers like to call a
"light-weight sports crank."  This means that there's a good chance
your crank nose will crack and fall off because it's not strong
enough.  That's a very bad thing.  If no one tells you them number,
e-mail the list and ask for the VIN number that Mazda started
installing better cranks into.
    The second problem is white paint.  It tends to peel off easily.
Yes, my Miata is white, but it's skin cancer appeared early and was
repainted by a dealer long before I got it.
    Other than that, you can't beat the car.  I think the early,
uncomplicated cars are best too, but then again, I might be a little
partial!
    Good luck with your hunt!

Mike Lishego
http://www.mgb.bc.ca/virtualgarage/