74 Midget master cylinder

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: 74 Midget master cylinder
From: PLM97@aol.com
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2000 18:36:38 EDT
I have replaced the master cylinder in 74 Midget twice in the past year.
Both of the new master cylinders were from Moss.  I also switched to Catrol
CMA Dot 3 fluid when we installed the 2nd new unit (suggestion of local MG
shop)  Today, I hopped in and brake fluid leaked again from the rubber boot
at the master cylinder when I applied the brakes.  No fluid leaked while the
car sat for two weeks.  What am I doing wrong?  Should I send out the unit
for a rebuild or is there something else I am missing?  I really don't want
to try another new unit from Moss even though it is under warranty.
Thanks,
P. Haase