MGB Tube Shocks

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB Tube Shocks
From: "Phillips, Frank" <fwp@ufl.edu>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 13:49:13 -0400
List,

I've invested several hours in archive browsing time reviewing tube shock
conversions. I plan to do this at some point in the future as my lever arm
shocks leak badly. It seems a common opinion that the MOSS rear tube shock
(Monroe) conversion is too stiff. Many of these opinions go back several
years. Is this still the case? Has MOSS made any changes in the kit? Does
this apply to the front kit?

I've also been reading Skye Poier's web page and seen the shock data it
contains. If you've done this conversion and can give your opinion of how a
given shock functions, good or bad, I would love to hear it. I'm not trying
to decide if I will do the conversion but what to use and when to do it.
Thanks...

BTW, my B is just a street car that I love to drive hard, not autocross or
race.

Frank Phillips
Email: fwp@ufl.edu
1968 MGB