Re: Out and about

To: Dave Houser <mgs4dave@warwick.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Out and about
From: Carl W French <cfrench@cybertours.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2000 22:09:55 -0400
The September issue of the British Marque talked about the east Coast tour
of the Alvis Owner's Club Based in Lancashire  "Alvis USA 2000"The tour
started on the 15th of September in MD. and is looping back there on the
sixth. They are staying in Lancaster, Pa. from the fourth to the sixth at
the Brunswick Hotel. The night of the 6-7 they are back in Balt. They were
outstanding in Maine. The picture of an Alvis at a local chain auto store
tire and brake department getting a new headgasket made the front page. I
had heard that right after they snapped the pic they broke a head stud.
Fortunatly we have the Owl's Head Trans Museum up here and there shop made
up the correct stud and it was couriered down that afternoon. How many
places can do that on the spur of the moment.
Carl French