Another BGT on the road!!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Another BGT on the road!!
From: KD6BGO@aol.com
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 23:31:41 EDT
Hello list!!

   I am new to the list, but thought it was about time to introduce myself. I
bought a 69 BGT basket case back in July, and, after rebuilding the engine,
it is on the road (sorta)!! I took it around the block today. It coughed and
sputtered (timing still a bit off, carbs need adjusting), I had to
double-clutch it to shift gears (still need to bleed the clutch some more),
but it is running, after spending ten years off the road!! Lights don't work
yet, needs paint and interior, but who cares, it runs!!
  There is nothing that compares to the thrill of driving a true british
sports car (preferably an MG---is there any other true british sports car??).
I had a '69 midget in high school (23 some-odd years ago), and have missed it
every since I got rid of it. After one short mile in my BGT today, I remember
why!!

                                        Mike Johnson
                                        Atwater, CA