Re: Another BGT on the road!!

To: KD6BGO@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Another BGT on the road!!
From: "Jesse Robinson" <jesserobinson2@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2000 14:29:06 GMT
On Thu, 5 Oct 2000 23:31:41 EDT
Mike Johnson wrote:

>... I had a '69 midget in high school (23 some-odd years ago), and have
>missed it ever since I got rid of it. After one short mile in my BGT today,
>I remember why!!

Mike,

I know the feeling...

I bought a '70 B when I was a junior in high school in Texas during the
summer of 1985 (I know I'm not as old as most of you out there, but I love
this car just as much).  Then I went to college in NY and my father sold the
house (and the garage that my B was sitting in).  So the car moved to my
brother's garage in Tulsa where it sat for 5 years.  While in NYC I started
to forget about the MG (who needs a car in the city, right?), but I knew I
would never sell it.  I loved the body style i.e. split rear bumpers,
recessed front grill, chrome spoked wheels, British racing green color - not
to mention I bought it from the original owner with all original papers,
workshop manual etc...  Well, I was in Tulsa for Christmas one year and
decided to take the car out.  No insurance, no license plates, and no top!
Freezing cold I scanned the horzion for cops.  "It's Christmas... what cop
is gunna stop me bonding with my illegal MG with no top when the tempature
was below freezing!"  I thought sure I could weasel my way out of a ticket.
I got on the highway and just opened her up!  God what a thrill!  All those
'MG' sounds, smells, and memories came back to me; I knew this car was ment
for me!

By the way, I'm in Chicago now and it is my daily driver.  Kinda, I still
take the train to work.

Jesse
'70 MGB