Re: Power Curve on B series engine

To: <BobMGT@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Power Curve on B series engine
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 19:52:04 +0100
Takes me back to the 70s when Ford and BMC were having "mine's bigger than
yours" battles over BHP.  Ford claimed theirs was higher, which at peak it
was, but BMCs was flatter and had more area under the curve.  I've never
found the slightest inclination to push my roadster as far as the yellow
never mind the red - it makes far too much noise for no apparent benefit.
Change gear and its a different story.  However the factory V8 will rev into
the red at the slightest provocation and is still going like a train with
only a fraction of the noise of the 1800.

PaulH.