Derrington Cross-flow Head

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Derrington Cross-flow Head
From: Editorgary@aol.com
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2000 19:01:46 EDT
I haven't been on this list since I sold my MGB GT, but am back and hoping
someone might be able to steer me in the right direction.

I've just bought an MGA 1600 for vintage racing.  It is fitted with a
cross-flow head that the previous owner says is an "original Derrington"
head. The only identifying marks on the head are the initials HRG cast into
the top on the right front. Can anyone shed any light on this accessory --
when it might have been used originally and if there is any way of verifying
its originality?
Thanks
Gary Anderson
Editor, British Car Magazine