what is it?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: what is it?
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2000 10:26:50 -0600
I think someone mentioned this car a few days ago but I just got to
checking this out this morning:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=455540573

Anyway, the bid is already up to $8150 for this alleged '74 MGB. Now if the
guy bought a heritage body shell and dropped in a Ford V8 and transmission,
what makes this car a '74 MGB? The seats? The dashboard?

How does one get a title? According to this page, there "is no Title for
car, as Georgia does not issue Titles for cars over 15 years old. A Bill of
Sale will be given to buyer."

Is it legal to drive a bumperless car?

I could ask who in their right mind would pay $8000 for this car. It looks
like it would take quite a bit more money and time just to make it legal to
drive.

David Councill
67 BGT
71 BGT