Re: Nice Day!

To: "Dan DiBiase" <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Nice Day!
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2000 08:09:50 -0400
Yea it was a very nice day, a bit cool but still a nice day. Didn't see
ya either, but did, finally meet Ray E. As always, very nice to put faces
with email addresses. Great turn out for the show. I took the chance and
drove the Midget, was competing in the Diamond in the rough class, but a
TR250 won, musta been all those TR drivers there. I figured that I
shoulda won 'cuz I got there in the Midget this year!!

Sorry I missed ya Dan.

Next up Moravian Academy, Bethlehem, PA (and the GF and I will also be in
the craft show) on the 14th and the MG vs. TR Rally on the 15th!! Ya'all
is invited!!!!

BTW Allen and Rick were busy stuffing the Chinese Auction boxes, which
didn't help 'cuz Gene Fox's daughter won em all.

And Gene told me this was the first time he had run head to head with
Forrest Collier in the GT class. Gene's supercharged GT won, by one vote!!

Dan, 32, River Road, is a great road!! What took ya so long to find it!!

Larry

>Great LBC day today. Put about 125 miles on the 76B,
>enjoying the beautiful East Coast fall weather....
>
>Left the house at 12:30 for a visit to the MGs at
>Mercer show. Got there kind of late due to traffic
>crossing the Delaware - saw Allen's Midget, Rick
>Brown's A (where were you, guys?) - only stayed about
>30 minutes as I was limited for time and needed to get
>to the Ship Inn for a beverage and snack... Took PA
>Route 32 north along the Delaware (is there a nicer
>ride on a day like today??), crossed the Delaware at
>Bridgeton into New Milford, had my Scotch eggs and
>bitter at the Ship, and took NJ Routes 29, 579 and 518
>back home. GREAT day for car spotting. Saw 2 old
>Rollers motoring along, a yellow Ferrari (late model),
>a 50's Alfa spyder, late 80's Alfa spider, a TR-6 and
>- heaven forbid! - a MIATA WITH THE TOP DOWN!!! (only
>one - the other several had top up, windows sealed
>tight).
>
>Too bad I didn't get to the Doylestown show earlier as
>it seemed like a nice setting and good turnout. Very
>nice 67 MGB Tourer that I've seen at other shows
>(owner actually lives one town over from me), really
>sharp Mini Cooper that caused my buddy to drool quite
>a bit, 2 gorgeous Jaguar XK's, and a number of very
>well turned out MG's of the A, B and Midget varieties.
>Oh, yeah, some Tri*mphs too....
>
>All-in-all, a wonderful way to spend an afternoon in
>the fall!
>
>=====
>Dan DiBiase
>Dayton, NJ
>76 MGB Tourer Driver - Brooklands Green
>66 Pull-handle MGB Tourer Project - faded Tartan Red
>NAMGBR #5-2328

>Yahoo! Photos - 35mm Quality Prints, Now Get 15 Free!
>http://photos.yahoo.com/

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Keep your top down and your chin up.