Nice Day!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Nice Day!
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2000 18:13:29 -0700 (PDT)
Great LBC day today. Put about 125 miles on the 76B,
enjoying the beautiful East Coast fall weather....

Left the house at 12:30 for a visit to the MGs at
Mercer show. Got there kind of late due to traffic
crossing the Delaware - saw Allen's Midget, Rick
Brown's A (where were you, guys?) - only stayed about
30 minutes as I was limited for time and needed to get
to the Ship Inn for a beverage and snack... Took PA
Route 32 north along the Delaware (is there a nicer
ride on a day like today??), crossed the Delaware at
Bridgeton into New Milford, had my Scotch eggs and
bitter at the Ship, and took NJ Routes 29, 579 and 518
back home. GREAT day for car spotting. Saw 2 old
Rollers motoring along, a yellow Ferrari (late model),
a 50's Alfa spyder, late 80's Alfa spider, a TR-6 and
- heaven forbid! - a MIATA WITH THE TOP DOWN!!! (only
one - the other several had top up, windows sealed
tight).

Too bad I didn't get to the Doylestown show earlier as
it seemed like a nice setting and good turnout. Very
nice 67 MGB Tourer that I've seen at other shows
(owner actually lives one town over from me), really
sharp Mini Cooper that caused my buddy to drool quite
a bit, 2 gorgeous Jaguar XK's, and a number of very
well turned out MG's of the A, B and Midget varieties.
Oh, yeah, some Tri*mphs too....

All-in-all, a wonderful way to spend an afternoon in
the fall!

=====
Dan DiBiase
Dayton, NJ
76 MGB Tourer Driver - Brooklands Green
66 Pull-handle MGB Tourer Project - faded Tartan Red
NAMGBR #5-2328

http://photos.yahoo.com/