Re: Clutch Question

To: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Clutch Question
From: Don Markham <DMarkham@excite.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 07:53:38 -0700 (PDT)
Dan and others,

One thing I should have added is that in the last few weeks, I have noticed
that the clutch is slipping in 3rd & 4th gears if I accelerate fairly fast,
but under normal driving I don't notice it. This is what I noticed first and
then noticed the change in the clutch engagement/disengagement place in the
pedal travel. When I first bought the car about a year ago, it felt like the
clutch fully engaged about 2" from the top of the pedal travel and had to be
fully depressed to completely disengage at a stop. I will not rule out the
possiblity that I don't really have a problem but I do know that there
should zero clutch slipage.

>  Don, what makes you assume you have a problem? My 76B
>  only needs about 3 inches of travel to disengage, and
>  I had a new clutch put it a couple years (and about
>  1500 miles) ago...

Say Bye to Slow Internet!
http://www.home.com/xinbox/signup.html