Help with Clutch problem

To: "MG Mail list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Help with Clutch problem
From: "Donald Markham" <donaldmarkham@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 21:05:19 -0500
I hope someone can help diagnose my clutch problem before I start
disassembly to replace it. The problem is that you only have to push the
clutch pedal down about 2" to have the clutch totally disengaged. This is
something that has been a problem for a few months, but recently I have
noticed the clutch slipping, it seams to only slip in fourth gear under
fairly heavy acceleration but I am sure that if it slips in fourth, it is
more than likely slipping in other gears as well. My thoughts are that I
either have air in the lines or the clutch is due to be replaced. I have a
complete new clutch, pressure plate & throw out bearing sitting here ready
to be installed but I not sure if I should go ahead and replace the
hydraulics at the same time or not. Also, are there any other items that I
should replace while I'm that far into the project such as rear main seal,
pivot pins, flex lines, etc?

Thanks,
Don Markham
72 MGB GT