Re: Biggest Tire Size

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Biggest Tire Size
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2000 19:27:40 -0600
Well, I'm going to have to ask - what is the advantage to putting these
monstrous tires on a  GT (or a B for that matter)?

It pained me to make that small transition from a 165R-14 to a 175R-14 on
my 71BGT. And here in Montana, the 165s are not to be found. Only a few
places say they can get them and they want big dollars for them.

So I have to ask out of curiosity as to why some of you want to go with
these wide monsters besides maybe cost and/or availability. I had heard
narrow was better in snow and ice but I don't know for sure how true that
might be.

David Councill
67 BGT
71 BGT