Those little technical points

To: mgs@autox.team.net, mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Those little technical points
From: Barrie Robinson <barrier@bconnex.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 14:45:20 -0400
Folks at world,

For ages now I have been squirreling away those tit-bits of information
that I thought I might use one day.  There have been many good
dissertations by many learned MG enthusiasts.  They have ranged from
mechanical fixes to alternative methods or materials.  The knowledge is
immense.    So now I find hundreds of messages to sort through and I
decided to group them for easy reference.   Then it dawned on me that
perhaps there was more splendid advice out here.  So if you have any tech
tips please send them to me BUT PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE NO TRIVIA.  I do not
want  "Ï find Bloggy Moggy wax paste gives my car a good shine" type of
stuff.    The sort of material want is "Do not use silicone sealing for
head gaskets as it pills and drops into your oil"  (………….and for Pete's
sake this is a made up example so let's not start a thread/rope/chain
whatever)

So if you have material (including photos !!!) please send with the Subject
showing that it is

"Tech-tips" with the section EXAMPLE --- "Tech-tips  Engine"

Sections are

Electrical - includes lights, plugs, distributor, starter, and alternator
Body - body panels, chassis and brackets
Wheels and tyres
Rear suspension
Front suspension
Gearbox
Interior - includes windows, door & window mechanisms
Exhaust system
Carburation
Finishes (paint, underseal etc)
Rear axle & drive shaft
Brakes
Engine - includes oil, radiator, water & oil pumps
Clutch
Misc. - includes any I section I have forgotten

Over the next year or so I will sort, edit and put into a meaningful
dialogue with easy reference.  It will then be available to those wanting it.

Regards
Barrie Robinson
barrier@bconnex.net